FormFill Repairer Application Instructions -- Please ReadFormFill Laminate Repairer will probably not make acceptable repairs on burned laminate. FormFill Laminate Repairer has been designed to bond (adhere) to the phenolic backer of high-pressure laminate, the substrate material (particle board, medium density fiberboard or plywood) and to itself. FormFill Laminate Repairer will not bond (adhere) to the surface of high-pressure laminate or low-pressure melamine.
1) Prepare the surface of the area to be repaired by exposing the phenolic backer or substrate. Thoroughly clean the area with FormFill solvent (acetone)*.
2) Squeeze the Repairer onto the leading edge of a stainless steel flexible putty knife*. Draw the Repairer across the area to be repaired by flexing the putty knife. This action will force the Repairer into the area to be repaired. Repeat this action 4 or 5 times until the Repairer begins to stiffen.
3) Remove any excess Repairer from around the area being repaired with the leading edge of the putty knife. Wait approximately 15 to 20 minutes to allow the Repairer to completely dry.
4) FormFill Laminate Repairer is a solvent based product and some shrinkage will occur (approximately 10%). If the Repairer has shrunk below the surface being repaired, simply repeat steps 2 & 3 until the Repairer is above the surface of the area being repaired.
5) Use a cloth or tissue moistened with FormFill Solvent (acetone) and with a light pressure blend the Repairer level with the surface.
NOTE: Do not mix FormFill Laminate Repairer with the FormFill Solvent (acetone). Do not use any other thinners or solvent with the FormFill Laminate Repairer.
*Because of shipping restrictions we do not sell FormFill Solvent or acetone. Acetone and putty knives are available locally at any paint or hardware store.
FormFill Repairer Application Instructions -- Please Read